Honey Bee equipment Supplier
- Eddie Beard, Ed's Shenandoah Hardware, 5715 Jones Creek Path, Baton Rouge, La. 70817. Workplace - 225-753-1300.
- Gary Cost, Priceco Provide, 15151 Greenwell Springs Path, Central, La. 70714. Phones - 225-654-9305 or 225-278-7645.
- Susie Lemoine, Golden Bee Products, 344 1/2 Aris Ave., Metairie, La., 70005. Phones-504-715-8805 or cell 504-715-7947.
Queen and Package Producers:
1. Bordelon, E. J. III, P. O. Package 280, Moreauville, La., 71355, 318-964-2592, Mn. Hygenic Queens, Package bees.
2. Bordelon, Emeric IV, 615 Yvette Marie Dr., Lafayette, La., 70508, 318-988-6644, Mn. Hygenic Queens, Package beesd.
3. Busby, Louis D., 64374 Fornea Rd., Angie, La., 70426, 985-735-5330, Queens.
4. Evergreen Honey Co., 1062 Hwy. 1176, Bunkie, La., 71322, 318-346-2805, 5 framework nucs.
5. Guillory, Deryl Paul, 3660 Hwy. 451, Moreauville, Los Angeles. 71355, 318-997-2347, Package bees.
6. Harbo, John, 324 Western Woodgate Ct., Baton Rouge, La., 70808, VSH Artificially Inseminated Breeder Queens. www.harbobeeco.com.
7. Kelly, Jim, 210 Kelly Rd., western Monroe, La., 71292, 318-396-8864, Italian Hygenic & VHS Queens, 5 Frame Nucs.
8. Lemoine, Dale, 1342 Hwy. 1206, Deville, La., 71328, 318-466 3787, Mn. Hygenic Queens, Package bees.
9. Weeks, Amy, 1498 Mock Rd., Wesr Monroe, La., 71292, 318-466-3787, Italian Hygenic & VHS Queens, 5 Frame Nucs.
Share this article
Do worker bees kill drone bees for laziness? - Quora
Nah, they don't sting them to death just kick them out and don't let them back in. In early winter when bees go into winter mode they want to conserve as much energy and food as they can to make it through the winter. As the queen doesn't lay in the winter the drones have no usefulness so they kick them out into the cold. The hive is the organism and at that point those drones are only a drag.
The drones are bigger and make a much louder buzzing noise. When the ladies start kicking them out you can catch them and have a pet bee as they can't sting you.