March 5, 2020
All about Beekeeping
Concerning the Honey Bee
- Approximately one-third of all the meals Americans consume is right or ultimately produced by honey bee pollination. Some plants pollinated are cucumbers, almonds, carrot seed, melons, apricots, cherries, pears, oranges, prunes, plums, pluots, seed alfalfa, cantaloupe, seed onions, avocados, kiwi, blueberries, cranberries, etc.
- You will find three members of a honey-bee colony:
- Queen - mother to all the the bees within the colony; she actually is a fertile female.
- Employee - an infertile feminine that performs the labor tasks of the colony, including feed planning, guarding the hive, feeding the queens, drones and brood, and hvac the hive.
- Drone - a man that starts as an unfertilized egg. Its just function within the colony should mate with a virgin queen. They live to mate using queen, but not several in one thousand have the possibility to mate.
- Typically, a member of staff bee during summer persists six or eight months. Their particular most frequent cause of demise is putting on their wings out. During that six to eight-week period, their average honey production is 1/12 of a teaspoon. Because brief life time, they fly roughly the same as 1 1/2 times the circumference of planet.
- The maximum populace of a colony of honeybees is usually at mid-summer (after spring accumulation) and results in 60, 000 to 80, 000 bees per colony. An excellent, respected queen can lay-up to 3, 000 eggs daily.
- Drones fly on United Airlines. This might be a corny laugh amongst beekeepers due to the method queens and drones spouse. Whenever a queen is five to six times old, she actually is willing to mate. She creates a pheromone fragrance to attract the men and will take off floating around. The males from kilometers around smell the fragrance and immediately volunteer into the mating chase, that is carried out floating around.
- Fundamental beekeeping simplified is having:
- New, viable queens
- Feed (normal or artificial)
- Great, sound equipment
- Disease-free hives (great medicine program or integrated pest management)
- Whenever processing honey from a beehive, a good principle is for every 60 weight of honey produced one (1) pound of beeswax are made (1 to 60 ratio).
- Being adjust population characteristics, the timing of hive administration is crucial, like the splitting of hives just prior to swarming season. Additionally, feeding syrup and pollen health supplement about 21 days prior to a pollination examination or honey circulation induces the queen to lay eggs.
Share this article
March 11, 2020
Facts about Beekeeping
December 30, 2021
Information About Apiculture
April 11, 2017